Jasmin Seitzer - Personalized training for you and your horse
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

The gymnastics saga continues!
Step two gymnastics for the green/unconfident horse
Gymnastics to increase your horse's confidence and co-ordination (or to teach him to jump from square one)
One month with Mo
We moved to Florida!!!

Categories

Horse care
Lessons
Stories
Training
powered by

My Blog

New training horse!

Hi there!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of heading up north a little ways to pick up a lovely Grey Mare. She is a 4 year old Arabian, barely halter broke. She is still trying to help us figure out what her name is. :)

Right now she is probably out in her quarantine paddock, staring at her neighbor wondering what happened... A few days ago she was kept in a roundpen, possibly lonely, but the horse that got the short end of the stick due to lack of time to train. She is still very leery of humans and wonders if we are all out to trick her and scare her. She will be an absolute pleasure to work with, just have to get over the initial "TRUST ME" phase.

Here she is at her old place, hanging out, just doin' horse stuff... :)

I would not consider her a "blank slate" per se, but a very nice project, right up my alley. She reminds me of a story I was told when I first started training horses. Imagine a horse's mind as a fishbowl, filled with marbles. Every time you work with a horse, the mindset you get is determined by reaching into the fishbowl and grabbing a marble. White marbles represent pure, trusting, happy thoughts, events and behaviors. Black marbles represent negative thoughts, events, and memories. While you work with the horse, no matter what you do, you have the opportunity to change the color of the marble for that day. When you put the horse away, you put that marble back and add a marble to the jar representing that days events, and it then affects the odds the next time you take a marble out.

I believe this mare has mostly black marbles in her fishbowl, but not many marbles in total. I do not believe she has been worked with very much. So I am going to work on just putting in more white marbles. :)

27 Comments to New training horse! :

Comments RSS
customessay uk on Sunday, December 03, 2017 6:47 AM
New training horse for the more probably out in her quarantine paddock, staring at her neighbor always. The humans and wonders if we are all out to trick her and scare for absolute horse stuff with heelsdowneyesup site.

affordablepapers.com review on Monday, January 14, 2019 6:04 AM
It is indeed great news to hear that you have a new training horse. I know that you have been struggling with your old horse for some time now. I am not saying that she is not a good horse, but her old age has definite took a toll on her physical capabilities. It is much better for you and her to retire her from racing. Anyway, I hope that I would get to see some quality racing from you now that you have got a new horse.

printinggood.co on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:18 AM
I am really very happy to find this particular site. I just wanted to say thank you for this huge read!! I absolutely enjoying every petite bit of it and I have you bookmarked to test out new substance you post.. Plastic Vinyl Folders

free psn codes no survey on Friday, June 08, 2018 2:01 AM
The players just need to follow the below steps to utilize the free gaming.

vpn on kodi on Friday, June 22, 2018 1:39 AM
Kodi is compatible with most Operating Systems and hardware platforms including Android, Freescale, Mac OS, PC, Chromecast, Fire Stick, BSD, Linux, iOS/tv OS, Microsoft Windows based Operating Systems, Raspberry Pi, and Nvidia Shield among others. vpn on kodi

peter on Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:27 AM
You made my day! I am very happy and relaxed too that I find this blog. I was looking for the matter discussed in blog post. If you have some more blogs on the material please share those as well. Thanks a lot and keep sharing such useful information. http://www.ncrformsco.co.uk/ncr-printing/2-part-ncr-printing.html

best cv on Monday, October 08, 2018 7:59 AM
I love horses. These animals are so beautiful and noble! Don't you agree?

emily on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:25 AM
It is really great post and i really enjoy when i am reading this article. Thank you for sharing this great post with us. It is really happy to see this. http://www.ncrformsco.co.uk/ncr-printing.html

Jim on Monday, November 19, 2018 2:19 AM
Your composing is purely awe-inspiring that I desired to read such high quality material...

Anonymous on Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:57 AM
Thank you for all your efforts that you have put in this. Very interesting information I like this site very much so much superb information.Carbonless Forms

124 on Friday, January 11, 2019 1:58 AM

Lewis rowlings on Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:21 AM
We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here and best work you have done, keep it up.Wholesale Bumper Stickers

anker coupons on Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:59 AM
I need to express your article is great since you are intertwined different sorts of a historic point with a remarkably supportive data in have blog. Truly I energetic to look at your blog.

james on Monday, January 28, 2019 4:48 AM
You have provided good information. I would love to read more on such topics. Thank you very much for it and carry on it. http://www.carbonlessformsco.com/pool-spa-carbonless-forms/4-part-pool-spa-forms.html

net worth on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:40 AM

hildan on Friday, February 15, 2019 10:43 PM
tes saja lah htlm code undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan unik ini cuma pake ling http://www.undangancinta.com bb code [url=http://www.undangancinta.com]undangan pernikahan[/url] [url=http://www.undangancinta.com]undangan pernikahan simple[/url] [url=http://www.undangancinta.com]undangan pernikahan unik[/url] ᾈ²ॸ?

Anonymous on Monday, March 11, 2019 5:51 AM
We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here and best work you have done, keep it up. e4 Part Property Management Forms

bestessay on Saturday, April 06, 2019 6:23 AM
I am really glad that i found this great blog. i can't believe that a blog like this is exist. i remember our horse back then and her name is horsie, i always love to ride with her. my dad was always love to buy her horse-shoe and keeping trained for every races incoming event in our place. We keep supporting her until to last race of her life. Thank you for this blog, i hope you keep your passions and love your animals.

Office 365 Technical Support Number on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:12 AM
According to the technological support engineers, there are two places where you can modify the name or upgrade e-mail account in Perspective and for that is necessary to look at the methods carefully. Office 365 Support Phone Number

Packers and Movers Bangalore on Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:09 AM
SHIFT YOUR HOME TO THE CITY OF DREAM WITH MOVERS AND PACKERS IN BANGALORE There are many young professionals Movers and Packers in Mumbai and aspiring artists who dream to be a star and to follow their dreams, tend to visit to the Mumbai for a certain or long duration https://assuremoving.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore/ Packers and Movers Bangalore
Reply to comment

+1 888-597-3962 Asus Router Support Phone Number on Monday, April 29, 2019 12:15 AM
Disconnect your router and connect your PC directly to the modem. If you are unable to access the internet then contact your Internet service provider but if you able to access the Internet then plug the unplugged cable to the router again. For more information : Asus Router Technical Support Phone Number

Android app development Company on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 5:20 AM
Mobile applications are constantly changing many industries, and the travel industries is one which is impacted the most. Mobile apps are allowing for a much smoother travel experience between both the customer and the employee. For More Information:- Mobile application development

Emma watson on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:55 AM
Thanks for Nice Line. Here HP Printer Support Number+44-203-880-7918 are commonly positively one of the numerous premier electronic gadget brands around the world. HP printers are by and large, in all actuality, among their very own most procured devices Get More Information:- HP Printer Support Phone Number HP Printer Support Phone Number

Emma watson on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:42 PM
Thanks for sharing a Knowledgeable Information. Hello, As all, we know that every technology comprises of some complications and the same is what happens with this HP Printer Support Number +44-203-880-7918 as well. Users recently, reported that various issues are arriving while its utilization which is depicted is given below: – • – Not working properly. • – Not responding when required. • – Unable to produce accurate output. • – Installation and configuration problems. Get More Information:- HP Printer Support Number HP Printer Support Number

Dwayne on Thursday, May 09, 2019 6:24 AM
I have very beautiful horse and i would like horse training.Your style of the presentation of the post is very good.Thanks.To get rubber sheet Click Here

Alfred Mason on Friday, May 10, 2019 2:25 AM
This website is really cool and great. I appreciate you working on that blog. Before that i have never seen such kind of information on any website. Best london brick

picta on Friday, June 07, 2019 4:38 AM
I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them. picta